SEO – An Introduction For Beginners
What is SEO?
In digital marketing many times we heard SEO. What is this SEO means? Why it is important in Digital Marketing? What is its role? Let’s understand here “SEO”.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization which helps the website to spot in search engines. It is done only by the use of knowledge and strategies. SEO is working according to search engine guidelines for getting a higher rank for a particular keyword on SERP (Search Engine Result Pages) organically without paying anything.
Importance of SEO in Digital Marketing
• As per the name optimizes the website
• Increase website traffic.
• Helps you to gain new customers.
• Boost organic traffic.
Role of SEO
• SEO is the process of taking steps to help a website or content rank higher on Google search.
•SEO requires a lot of time and action.
• It needs daily actions with the goal of long-term success.
• A big effort with quality content.
• Add value to your content and make it a solution for the reader to whatever brings to your post.
• Break up the text into headers, points, and images
Types of SEO
Writing high-quality content including keywords, meta-description, tags & titles that must be keyword rich is called on-page SEO.
The title tag is the most prominent heading in the search and has a blue or purple color. Use this section wisely by including your main keyword and making the heading as interesting that users want to click.
The meta description is the area below the title. Here you have to tell the searcher what the content is about. It must be a keyword-optimized section, and is no longer than 160 characters.
A focus keyword is a word that describes the content. It ranks your content in google search. So when people search for that keyword or phrase in Google or other search engines, they should find that page on your website.
A post can contain multiple tags and visitors can click on a tag to find similar posts that have that same tag. In WordPress blogs, tags are completely optional. That means, you’re free to add WordPress tags to your post, but you can also publish a post without tags. The choice is yours!
Search Engine’s Rules
• Don’t use duplicate content because when someone tries to duplicate content, Google penalizes that site
• Never do Keyword stuffing, which is the practice of unnecessarily inserting a large number of keywords into content and meta-tags in an attempt to artificially increase a page’s rank
• Content must be grammar-wise good and not repeated
• How you do is more important than what you do
All SEO activities that happen outside of your website to improve your search engine rankings is called Off-page SEO. The common off-site SEO strategies include link building, content marketing, social media marketing, guest posts, podcasting, and video marketing.
Off-PAGE SEO TECHNIQUES
• Creating valuable backlinks
• Social Media Marketing / Social bookmarking (sharing the website link on social media)
• Content Marketing
• Guest Content
• Forum Posting (Discussion)
• Local Listings / Listing in Directories
• Local SEO helps your business to be more visible in local search results on Google.
• To get benefit from local SEO, the physical location of the business is necessary.
• Local SEO helps to grow your business if, in search for important keywords, a map with 3 listings appears underneath it which is known as a map pack.
• Google shows two types of search results for local searches one is “map pack” results and the other is organic “blue link” results. You can rank on both of them.
• On-page or off-page SEO focuses on improving your site’s visibility on a national or global scale, while local SEO focus on local search territory to connect with searchers in your area.
• Local SEO helps your business even if you don’t have a website – and helps drive more traffic to your premises through online leads. These leads are specifically searching for products or services that your business offers and give you a high conversion rate.
Local SEO Tips
1. Optimize for Google My Business.
2. Engage on social media and add posts to Google My Business
3. Ensure your name, address, and phone number are consistent online.
4. Optimize online directories and citations.
5. Perform a local SEO audit.
6. Improve your internal linking structure.
7. Participate in your local community.
Omnipresent is a leading 360-degree advertising agency that is an expert in boosting your business brand awareness according to your need. Joined us to improve your online visibility in just a reasonable amount. Our team of dedicated SEO experts in Vadodara, Gujarat is here to take care of all your requirements and concerns. So, get in touch with us to know more about our SEO services.